Earlier this month I was lucky enough to try a delicious dessert on the daily specials at Le Pain Quotidien next to Borough Market. It was ruddy delicious and packed full of goodness, so I thought I’d better make my own version at home so I could share it with you lovely lot! So, after rigorous taste-testing, here it is, my version of the delicious Chocolate Coconut Chia Pudding!
- 250ml canned coconut milk (I like Biona)
- 125g cocoa powder (Green & Blacks)
- 1 tablespoon of organic maple syrup
- 200g chia seeds
- Pinch of good quality salt (Himalayan)
- 2 tablespoons of toasted coconut flakes
- Add the coconut milk, cocoa powder, and maple syrup to a small bowl. Whisk until the cocoa powder is fully mixed.
- Stir in the salt and chia seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate for anywhere between 2 hours and 2 days.
- Remove from fridge when ready to eat, stir and serve into individual bowls or cups and top with the toasted coconut flakes.
Ian “sweet-tooth” Male