…I thought it would be something I could dip in to.
BOOM! Another Friday, another pun.
The weekend is upon us, I’m off to visit the in-laws for a BBQ by the river and some canoeing, getting Archie out in a boat for the first time – can’t wait!
So following on from last week’s popular guacamole recipe – thanks to those who shared their efforts, nice job – this week I’ve got salsa with a twist, packed with healthy fats, fibre and antioxidants.
Usually we see salsa (and guac) as the perfect dip for crisps, however I’m going to suggest a few other uses which you could try out this weekend, saving yourself from that “sharer” bag of Doritos.
- Cook some fish, chicken or burgers on the BBQ (wrapped in foil), then top with the salsa
- Sub out the crisps for some vegetable sticks. Sounds like a poor substitute I know, but your brain registers the crunch of raw veggies and kills the cravings
- Leftovers? Use it as a filling for an omelette the next morning
- Sub out the seafood sauce for salsa and you’ve got a fresh take on a prawn cocktail
Hope that gives you some good ideas. Here’s the recipe…
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 150g cup red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño or chilli pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 50g coriander, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the mango, avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice together bowl
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Cover and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving
If you could use some extra help with planning your meals and staying on track over the summer, get in touch and we can put together a bespoke meal plan designed just for you.
Have a great weekend,
Ian “pun-slinger” Male
PS. Second part of the hangover cure is coming next week, check out the first part here.